Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Don't Let Your Past Dictate Your Future

This past week I have had the privilege to shoot a video for the Correctional Ministry here in Kenya. I had to opportunity to meet and interview not only the chaplains at the prisons, but also the staff and prisoners. God is doing amazing things through this ministry and lives are being transformed. 

I interviewed one prisoner (with the help of one of the chaplains) who had been greatly impacted by the Correctional Ministry in the prison. He told me that  

“When I came to prison, I saw that I had no hope at all. Through the preachings of the chaplains that have visited many times, I have come to know Jesus Christ as my personal Savior.” 


He went on to tell me his testimony which was powerful and then talked about his conviction for the lost.
 “I am very much concerned for the perishing souls. Since I’ve been saved, I have seen the Lord Jesus Christ working in my life…God healed me through the Lord Jesus Christ while in prison. From 2010 til now I have been preaching Jesus Christ because I have seen He has done great things in my life, He has changed me completely, He has healed my insanity, and I have been trying as much as possible to bring many many to Jesus Christ.” 


He concluded by giving a beautiful depiction of Salvation. 

“Because I have been saved, I have that inward feeling that I must reach the rest of those lost souls here…I share my testimony with the inmates and the staff in the aim that I must reach them also that they may come out darkness so they may become children of God.”

Prisons are not the happiest and brightest places, but on that day, when this man told his testimony and talked about his conviction, the light of God illuminated the prison compound. Just because someone may have a rough past, doesn't mean that God cant use them. Think about it.  Moses was a murderer, Noah was a drunk, and Paul (Saul) was a persecutor of Christians. Your past may be rough, but through the power of the cross, your future is bright through the power and blood of Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment